Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Potty Stories


I started potty training Haylie in January. She was 22 months. I know...brave...or is it stupid...? Well, she was giving me many signs she was ready - and really did remarkably well. We spent a lot of time in our tiny little bathroom, but it all paid off. I went back to work part time (temporarily) in March and Haylie began going to a daycare - once she saw other children going potty, it clicked. She's been doing great ever since. Yesterday, when she was supposed to be taking her nap, I could hear her banging around in her room. When I went in to check on her, she was sitting on her potty seat that had been put away in her closet. She had gone peepee on the potty, but unfortunately it all went on the floor because it was just the top of the potty seat, not the bowl. She was all proud of herself that she had gone. I said "Are you SERIOUS??" and she looks up at me all cutely and says "YUP!!". Sometimes its hard to be mad.

0 comments: