Saturday, December 12, 2009

I Wish I Was a Preschooler...

I volunteered in Haylie's preschool class last Friday. I gotta' tell you...I've always said I'm not a big fan of other people's kids...and I mean that in the sense that - I don't like being responsible for other people's kids. It kinda stresses me out. Over the last 6 months or so, I've been suffering from a bit of anxiety...and being with a bunch of 4-year-olds would seem like the last thing I'd want to do. Well, I've volunteered 3 times now and I think it is quite possibly the best therapy ever. I have come to know all the kids in Haylie's class and I absolutely adore them! On Friday, it was raining outside so the kids didn't get to do their normal outdoor activities to get their wiggles out, so they did some indoor singing and dancing time. I captured this video and I laugh out loud every time I watch it. Can you believe that I actually had the thought that day that it would be fun to teach preschool?? But you know, I had the thought that we are counseled in the scriptures by Jesus Christ to become like little children. Sometimes you just have to get down to the basics and laugh and have fun - I hope this brings a smile to your face. :-D

2 comments:

RMCarter said...

We sing a similar song at Girl's Camp! Only the chorus is
A-roosta-shaw,
A-roosta-shaw,
A-roosta-shaw-shaw!

But we have our thumbs up, butt out, etc etc too. So you don't just have to be a preschooler to sing it!! :)

Bippert Family said...

That is so adorable! Haylie was the best, By FAR! She'd make a great dancer someday!
-JULIE