Friday, October 14, 2011

Wicked

I learned something today.  A 2x4 is not 2 inches by 4 inches.  Nope.  It's 1.5 inches by 3.5 inches.  Apparently this is common knowledge for some.  Not me.  Not Rachel (my sis-in-law who partnered with me on this project).  So, I am rather lucky this project worked out the way it did.  I ordered the vinyl lettering (www.milesofvinylforyou.com - FYI, this company is here in Clovis) to fit a 2x4 thinking that it was ACTUALLY going to be 4" wide.  Anyway, here is the latest.  Total cost = $10

 (Click to make the picture larger)
The ribbon on the Letter "I" is just kinda' hanging there because I thought the "I" block was a little boring - still gotta' figure out what to do there...


Here is the inspiration (saw it on Pinterest, for sale on Etsy for $20 + $10 shipping)  This one is a little bigger, but I think our copycat version is pretty darn good.



Thanks for doing this with me, Rachel!

3 comments:

Beth and Brittany said...

FYI... I have a cricut machine. I could cut vinyl for you anytime! :)

Kristie said...

Good to know, Brittany! Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!!

kelly said...

Miles of vinyl is awesome. Just so you don't feel too dumb, I too thought a 2x4 was actually 2x4, why call it a 2x4 if it isn't???