Monday, December 10, 2007

A lot can happen in 2 weeks...

The last 2 weeks have been a little crazy - in good ways and bad ways. Here's the rundown:


November 26 - Haylie started puking - couldn't hold anything down until the 28th, did fine until she puked again on the 1st. Got her back on the BRAT diet, did fine until she puked again on the 4th (and diarrhea too). Oh yeah, and Eric and I both woke up the morning of the 3rd feeling rotten - puking, etc. But lucky for us it only lasted 24 hours. So, two trips to the doctor with Haylie assuring us that it's just a virus and sometimes it just takes a while for the body to fight it, so I kept her on the BRAT diet because I was too afraid to let her eat anything else. On the 8th, we finally let her eat real food at our ward Christmas breakfast - and boy did she go to town on those pancakes! Anyway, she's been doing great until this morning - now it's diarrhea again but no vomiting. (Thank goodness). I'm not real sure what to do at this point - we're probably gonna have to take her in for a blood test to see if there is something more going on. Ugh.


Anyway, on to the good things: On December 1st my friends threw a small baby shower for me at the Spaghetti Factory. My parents drove up and surprised me! What an awesome surprise!


After the shower, we decided to go and get our Christmas tree - and get out all our decorations. Haylie had a blast decorating the tree with Grandpa Garry and Grandma Jo.





Haylie was so excited to have Grandma and Grandpa here - here are a couple shots of them enjoying each other's company - Haylie can hardly stand to be away from Grandpa Garry -





Testing out the timer on the new camera...not bad...





I was running out of ideas as to what I could feed Haylie considering that she was having trouble keeping ANYTHING down...so decided to try Jell-O - only she wouldn't touch it. Until Grandpa Garry showed her how yummy it is...and let her eat it with a cheese slicer...who could resist?




Monday morning my parents had planned on leaving mid-morning but flew out of here when Eric and I both felt sick - I don't blame them! Thank goodness they didn't catch it. But Haylie was very sad to see them go - luckily we get them again for Christmas!

And finally, Saturday we went the ward breakfast in our matching jammies and got to sit on Santa's lap. You may remember how that went down last year...



She was very excited to see him this year - but still a little apprehensive....but you gotta' give the girl credit...no tears!! She just sat stone-faced on his lap trying very hard to be brave. On the way home she even said "I had fun with Santa" - maybe next year she'll actually smile...:-)








Here's hoping that the next two weeks have a little more of the good and not so much of the bad...


P.S...I got my c-section date moved up to January 10th...less than 5 weeks to go!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

maybe i'll buy you a case of lysol and clorox for Christmas! Get those sicky germs to go away!! Being sick is no fun. Glad you had a great shower and good visit with your parents.

Seth Price said...

Two things: It was great to see your parents again. I swear they haven't aged since the mission and that was ten years ago this summer! Holy crap I'm old!

Second, don't worry too much about Haylie. I know it's easier said than done, but Kaylee had diarrhea for about a month. The Dr. said as long as it didn't go for more than 3 months it was okay. 3 months!!! Are you kidding me!!!!