Wednesday, February 3, 2010

MONSTERPLEX

Monsterplex
http://zudacomics.com/node/1759

My friend, Brock Heasley, is an incredibly talented artist and writer. He is currently participating in a contest with DC Comics. In Brock's own words:

"Every month DC Comics (publisher of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc.) pits 10 comics against each other on their webcomics site, Zuda. For a few weeks, people are invited to rank, vote on and praise or damn the comics until one emerges victorious (read: most popular) and the creators of said comic are offered a one year contract to keep making it.
Yes, that means money. Yes, it’s thousands of dollars (not a ton, but enough to keep doing it). More importantly, it means the little boy inside me doing back flips will have his dreams come true. (He’s making me sick. Who knew the spleen was bouncy?)"


So, since the contest is based solely on popularity, Brock has asked me to pass on the word to my blogosphere. If you have a sec, click on the link above - that will take you straight to his comic. You'll need to register in order to vote but it only takes a minute. He gets extra points if you add him as a favorite and leave a comment as well. Also, they count page views, so go back and visit as often as possible. If you feel so inclined, and you have a blog of your own, you can post this on your blog too to spread the word.

I'm not exactly a huge fan of comics, but (1) this one is very good (2) I really want Brock to succeed in this - he deserves it!

Anyway, go check it out!

2 comments:

Brock said...

Wow! Thanks so much for spreading the word, Kristie. You're a valued member of Team Monsterplex. (And Team Keep the Heasley House Clean)

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

HI there....I just found your blog by searching chickens~lol

I live in Clovis...not sure if you are in Fresno or Clovis. I am trying to find out if we are allowed to raise Chickens~just 2...in our neighborhood.

I can't seem to get any answers :(

any info you have would be great :)