Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ever Wonder...

...what the inside of your piano looks like? I called my piano man this morning because we had a few keys making a terrible noise when we pressed them. He looked at it and said, "Well, I'm going to have to take it apart." And take it apart he did...

Notice what's missing? ...


Here are my piano keys lined up on my floor!


This is the part that has all the little hammers and things...


...and there it goes...
He had to take it back to his shop to see if he can replace a couple parts. Apparently, the piano was built around 1948 when they were just discovering the wonders of plastic...what they didn't know was that in 60 years, the plastic would be rotting and falling apart. So there were two little pieces inside that had broken and that is why it sounded terrible. Luckily, whoever had the piano before us had most of the plastic pieces replaced with wood, so we shouldn't have too many more problems like this.
He said he'll have it done for me by the time I have to teach piano lessons on Wednesday!

0 comments: