Friday, October 10, 2008

What Time Is It?

I can't sleep. Haylie was talking in her sleep at 2 a.m. and called out my name. It was probably no louder than if she was sitting right next to me - I shouldn't have even heard it, but I did. I used to be able to sleep through anything! So I had barely gone back to sleep when Anna woke up close to 3 a.m. - she has been crying off and on for the last 40 minutes. One of her top front teeth is trying to poke through and the poor thing has just been miserable. I hate teething. Well, I don't remember teething myself, so I guess I don't hate it - but I hate seeing my baby be miserable because of it.

I don't think I've mentioned on here that I sort of have a job. I mean, I do have a job, not sort of - it's a job that fell into my lap as I was praying to know if I should get a job to help out with our finances. It is exactly the kind of job I was praying for. It only requires a few hours each day and I don't even have to leave my house! I am the customer service manager (i.e. the only customer service employee) for a small home security company. (PS...I'm now typing one-handed with a screaming baby on my lap). So anyway, yesterday was a fun work day - and by fun, I mean complicated. And by complicated, I mean gut-wrenching. I won't bore you with the details but wouldn't you know that I started thinking about work at 3 a.m. and now I can't shut my brain off. I'm thinking I need to call so and so tomorrow, and thinking about what I should have said to angry Mrs. So and So today - er - yesterday ...oh, and I gotta do some stuff for our primary program practice tomorrow night -er - I guess that would be tonight...not sure how I'm gonna accomplish all that i need to do on 4 hours sleep. I'm so wide awake right now its not even funny. Too bad I can't call my customers now when they are so fresh on my mind...how's that for customer service?? RING RING - HI MR. SO AND SO, I DIDN'T WAKE YOU DID I???

So I just gave in a nursed Anna against my better judgement - but tell me who has good judgement at 4:16 a.m.? Yeah. Nobody. PFFFFFT!

I'm gonna go write some things down and see if that doesn't empty my brain of work stuff, then attempt to go back to sleep.

Adios Amigos!

1 comments:

kelly said...

I had the same kind of night last night too! Just know you aren't suffering alone.