Friday, February 20, 2009

I Think I'm a Cannibal...

...cuz I just want to gobble up my cute girls!! Here's my disclaimer: I've been on my anti-depressant for 10 weeks now - they say around 8 weeks you feel the maximum effects of the drug. So, for the last couple weeks I've been on a bit of a "high", so to speak. I feel great, I'm energetic, I'm happy, I'm rediscovering my sense of humor, etc. So I apologize for the boasting I'm about to do about how stinkin' adorable my girls are.

I'm falling obnoxiously in love with my girls all over again and it is sooo fun! I have been enjoying them so much - appreciating their little personalities - finding just how different they are from one another - and just loving them to pieces. My friend Erin just got a fancy camera and has been looking for "test subjects" to help her learn how to use the camera, make poses work, etc. So I volunteered my girls for her to experiment on. May I just say that, yes, the fact that I have the cutest kids ever made the pictures turn out gorgeous, but I also gotta' hand it to Erin - she captured my girls on film like I have never seen them before. Very rarely does anybody see Haylie as she really is since she is so shy - well, she showed herself to Erin and I am just soooo happy to have these pictures to hold on to forever. We got to see both girls happy, sad, thoughtful, tired, etc - they just went through the motions.

This was quite frankly the best photo shoot ever. I didn't even have to leave the comfort of my own home. We spread a white sheet over my couch and opened the shades to let the natural light in and went for it. The girls were sitting on the floor in front of the couch with the sheet spread out under them.

Ok - so - there are so many amazing pictures that I couldn't just pick one or two or three to print out to hang on the wall. So I made picture collages using Picasa and I sorta' went nuts. I only have so much wall space so I need your help. Go to http://picasaweb.google.com/kmetler/Collages# - leave a comment on the collage(s) you like best - then I'll have them printed and decide where in the house I'm going to put them!

After you're done leaving your comment under your favorites, come back here and leave a comment so I know you've voted.

Thanks for your help! I can't wait to see what you think!

PS...you can see the whole collection of pictures (all 170 of them!!) here.

4 comments:

kelly said...

I went and looked but didn't leave any comments. They are all so good. I love the one of Haylie hugging her knees and frowning, that is my favorite, and the one of her face close up smiling, that one is in the bottom right corner of the one for her room I think. I love them all, I think the pink with the black frame would look neat.

RMCarter said...

I voted! I voted! They are all so cute!

Bippert Family said...

I really like the pink background for both the color and black-and-white photos. The one of Haylie rest her head on her hands smiling and looking up is my favorite! Oh and please tell me Erin's new camera is a Nikon! Everybody here is trying to convince me Canon is better, but I want to go against the grain and get a Nikon. Those pics are awesome!!!! I wanna play too!
-Julie

Brock said...

Hey Julie, I will respond to this one... I do have a Nikon! It is the D40. Every consumer report I read placed it head and shoulders about the canon. Unless of course you are ready to spend into the 1,000's then I think the canon takes over. But I was NOT interested in that kind of price tag. I love mine!
Erin