Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Fun

We had such a fun day today! Eric made pancakes for breakfast then we hit the road and went to the zoo. The weather was fantastic! We had lots of fun seeing the usual; we asked Haylie what her favorite animal at the zoo is, and she responded with a list of just about every animal at the zoo! She loves it.


Thank Heavens she was not 6 ft. at birth!


I thought this was a cool picture - the snake was "crawling" up the glass.



Me and Haylie in front of "Marty" the zebra (that's what Haylie calls them cuz that's the zebra's name on Madagascar)


Anna wanted to help push the stroller. That maternal instinct kicks in early, doesn't it?


Anna Banana

After we got home from the zoo (Anna zonked out in the car and napped for a couple hours), we played outside for most of the afternoon. Haylie and I weeded the garden and caught rollie pollies, Eric made some improvements to the chicken coop, etc. Speaking of chickens, it's been a while since I've posted pictures of them:


Snow White - she is supposed to lay blue eggs, but has not started laying yet. I love her puffy cheeks.


Ariel is on the left and Cinderella is on the right. Cinderella is laying an egg a day! Looove it!

I was playing around with the camera...you get a gold star if you can tell me what insect is in this picture!
We decided to have a nice barbecue at home as a family. Tri-tip, potato salad, and corn on the cob!
I wanted to get a picture of Anna eating her corn on the cob...when I grabbed the camera, she actually posed for me!! That is the first time she has smiled on cue for the camera! She looks so funny, but so cute!!


Pinkies Up! She LOVES corn on the cob!
Well, needless to say, we had a fabulous day. The girls were wonderful, the weather could not have been better, and the food was DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

Brock said...

preying mantis.... preying mantis!!!! I want my gold star NOW!
Erin

sueyado said...

Your family is so adorable! I love the pinkie up for the corn! And yes, it is a preying mantis! Gold star please!:)