Monday, September 13, 2010

Adding to my Resume: Tooth Fairy

Haylie lost her very first tooth today! It has been loose for about 2 weeks now and I have been begging her to let me pull it out, but she refused. It was literally hanging by a thread when she got home from school today. I made her a bagel with cream cheese for lunch and she was eating it outside when all of a sudden she comes running into the house. "Mommy, Mommy, my tooth just fell out all by itself!!!" She was eating her bagel and the tooth got stuck in it - and she felt it crunch!

I have never seen such a look of pure excitement. She immediately wanted to call Eric and tell him to come home so he could see her tooth. She also wanted to write a note to the tooth fairy and ask her if she could keep her tooth (she saw that on one of her cartoons). I am very excited to play Tooth Fairy tonight and leave a little something under her pillow. And by a little something, I mean like, a quarter. I can't believe the amount of money kids get these days! I mean, to each is own, but let's set the bar low for tooth #1, eh? ;-)


It's probably just me, but I swear she aged a few years with that little gap!!
Her note to the tooth fairy - so cute!

And of course, Anna wanted to get in on the toothy action...nice.

1 comments:

kelly said...

My oldest son got a whopping $2 because the tooth fairy felt bad for not coming 3 or 4 nights in a row (oops) and he was disappointed because a friend had gotten $5, can you believe it?