Monday, November 1, 2010

Calling all Mommies

I need some help! I've never had a baby swing before...and we are definitely getting one for this baby. I've been doing some research online and found these adorable little portable swings that sit lower to the ground than the traditional swings. I like the idea that they are smaller and take up less space, and that I can also travel with it easily. But I am worried about the Anna-mal having better access to the baby that way. I mean, I can't totally protect the baby from her in a full-size swing either, but it seems that having it lower to the ground would make it even more tempting/accessible to Miss Anna. Has anybody had one of these smaller swings and if so, can you tell me about it? Pros? Cons? Any information would be fabulous. Leave a comment here or on Facebook please!!!
Here are some pictures that show the difference...the first one is full size, the second one is "portable".



2 comments:

Carroll B said...

Ok so we have both and I love them for different reasons. If I were only to buy one it would have been the big one, but I didn't have to buy either they were gifts for baby showers. So with the big one I have the one that you can rotate and swing either left or right or back and forth. Which was great because my youngest didn't really like the back and forth she only liked the swing going left and right. The Big one seems to swing better and the babies slept better in that one. Now the little swing was great to keep my older one away from the baby because I could put it up on the counter while I was cooking or on the table. But my oldest was not a climber and I know that both of our younger ones are, so don't know how much this will help. But you can also take it with you into the bathroom while showering or getting ready which was nice. But if you have a bouncy seat then it also works for this purpose so I would go with the big one but that is just me. Oh and I bought a really nice one for my brother on Craigslist for cheap. I would check there first

Unknown said...

I've had both. After using both for different periods of time over the last 6 years, I have to say I prefer the full-sized one. Being able to change the direction of swing was wonderful, because Gavin did NOT like to swing back/forth, only side/side. For portability -I just throw the bouncy seat in the trunk for that. It also fits nicely between the shower and the toilet for those times when baby simply cannot let you out of his sight and you NEED that shower ;)

Either way, the big kids are gonna have access to baby, and they are gonna get in trouble for stopping/starting/speeding up the swing; poking/prodding/removing toys/clothes while baby is swinging. It's a learning process for everyone.

Have fun choosing!