Saturday, June 14, 2008

The People Have Spoken

OK...my poll has ended and the majority vote (4:3) was that Haylie was in need of a haircut. (Now I know that at least 7 people are actually reading my blog...woohoo!!!) I should have voted too, because I would have voted in favor of a haircut as well! Sooo....drumroll please....

This is before:


This is after:


And here it is after it dried:


Now for the kicker...I cut it myself. I know...I'm pretty sure it was temporary insanity. I had planned on going to a fun little barber shop for kids where she would have been able to sit in a cool chair that looks like a car and she would be able to watch TV, etc. So this morning I asked her if she wanted to get her hair cut. She strongly said no then brushed her hair out of her eyes and said "See, it's all better Mommy." I asked again a while later and the answer was still no. So, I didn't want to push it - it wasn't that important to me and I didn't want it to be a fight. I'm not going to pay somebody for a miserable experience. So, out of the blue, I asked if she wanted me to cut it and she said yes! Uh oh...now I have to cut her hair...I don't know how to cut hair...what was I thinking??? Well, it can't be that hard...just cut it straight across...no biggie. Yeah - it's harder than it looks. It is most definitely not all one length - and it ended up a bit shorter than I had intended, but I must say, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It helps that her hair is curly and hides the fact that it is a less-than-perfect cut. It didn't curl up tight like I had hoped, but we didn't lose the curl so I'm happy.


Just as I was typing this she came in and said "Mommy, cut my hair again." So I trimmed up some of the spots that were left a bit too long. At least I know she's not traumatized!


So let me know what you think, all you who voted!!

6 comments:

Brock said...

I think you did a great job!! Good for you both! Does it feel thicker?

RMCarter said...

It is darling and good for you for having the courage to do it yourself!

I'm glad some of the curl stuck around! :)

Jenn said...

I didn't vote, but I'll comment anyway! Her hair is very cute short! I'm going to trim Morgans hair pretty soon and you're right, it's not that easy-- even when it's one length!

You might want to hide the scissors now-- Don't want Anna to be getting a haircut from Barbar Haylie!

Kristie said...

Yeah - Eric caught her just about to cut the hair off of one of her little dolls. The scissors are now hidden. ;-)

CareyClan said...

Ok Kris- it's officially, I am so going to set up our kids when Cole gets off his mission in 18 years! he he Haylie is so adorable.

kelly said...

So cute, I read too! I was just too late to vote, but I would have voted.....Cut!