Thursday, November 6, 2008

She's Hiding Things From Me...

Let me start off by saying that the last couple of weeks have been really good - Anna cut her other front tooth without losing any sleep! Haylie has been relatively well behaved and has been going potty like a big girl. Until...

Yesterday, I saw Haylie go into the bathroom. When she came out she had no panties on. I asked her where her panties were and she said, "Under my bed." I said, "Why are they under your bed?" She replied, "So you can't see them." Sure enough, there they were under her bed with a little skid mark in them. If I wasn't so angry I would have thought it was funny that she hid them, but didn't hesitate to tell me where they were - what was the point??

I just don't know what to do anymore. I even asked the pediatrician about it. He said that there must have been a time that she went poop and it hurt her - so now every time she has to go, she remembers how it hurt and it scares her. So when it starts to come, she holds it back. So a bit gets on her panties then she won't go on the toilet. Then eventually she can't hold it anymore, she goes on the toilet and we cheer and praise and love and kiss and give treats. WHY ISN'T THAT WORKING? WHY CAN'T SHE JUST DO IT? I AM SO SICK OF THIS!

3 comments:

kelly said...

I hate pottytraining!

Kristie said...

She's been potty trained for almost 2 years! THAT is why I'm so frustrated! I hate pottytraining too, and I thought I was done with it a LONG TIME AGO!!

Jenn said...

Sorry- it NEVER ends!!