Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Twilight Movie Review

I've had a couple people ask me how I liked Twilight - so I thought I'd post my own little review here. I saw it with my friend Erin on opening night at 7 pm. The theater was packed with all different types of people - teenagers, adults, 9 year old boys (??). So - I was totally excited - ready for the action....and...

...I was sorely disappointed - the first time. Ok, so for anybody who has not seen it yet, I'll give you a small warning: it was pretty cheesy - not so cheesy that you can't get past the cheese - just parts were a little "over the top". And the people in my theater were either stupid or too giddy to think straight and they laughed at TOTALLY inappropriate times. I was sitting there thinking - "hmm - he just made a funny face - oh well". But then people started laughing and I could not focus on the movie - I just kept thinking - "why are people laughing?? He's sucking her blood and you think that's funny??" They totally killed it for me. With that said, I went to the movie again Tuesday morning at 10:45 a.m. with the hope that the theater would be quiet and I could really focus on the movie. BINGO! After seeing it again in a quiet theater, I can say that I give it two thumbs up. It did not erase the cheese - there are still things about it that bugged me, but that is going to be the case with pretty much any movie that is derived from a well loved book. And it was so much easier to get past it without people laughing. Also, I think that I enjoyed it more because I knew what to expect. The movie was definitely geared more towards a teen audience and if you know that going in - it's easier to appreciate. I thought Edward was fantastic - just as I'd pictured him. I was a bit disappointed with Kristen Stewart as Bella - she did not seem like a very good actress to me - but again, the second time around, she wasn't as bad. I was also very pleased with the rest of the Cullen family.

So, if you have not seen it yet - keep those things in mind and I think you'll have a pleasant viewing experience.

5 comments:

jennifer said...

excellent review. hopefully i'll get to see it this weekend. i've heard about all the cheeziness from others (they were the ones laughing obnoxiously in the theater where they saw the movie). i plan to go in there expecting:
1. cheese
2. not so great acting
3. to be entertained

did erin like it? did she like the books? can't remember...

Kristie said...

Exactly - if you go in with lower expectations, then you'll definitely be entertained...

I don't want to speak for Erin...so I'll encourage her to post her own comment for the world to see. ;-)

Jenn said...

Maybe I'll wait for it to come out on DVD!

kelly said...

Ok, so I think my next post will be my review. I enjoyed yours and agrred with it more than I have agreed with anyone else's yet. Right on. I saw it Premeir night at the 12:00 showing, or rather Friday morning, and the whole audience laughed through most of it.

Anonymous said...

i don't understand what is the appeal of Robert Pattinson (Edward), his nose looks funny