Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Say Hello...

...to the new me. A little over a month ago - I started experiencing severe headaches that could not be treated with the usual 400mg of Ibuprofen. Then I began to notice that these headaches were occuring with a certain degree of regularity - i.e., every 2.5 days. It would hit in the evening and the only way I could get it to go away would be to put a hot rice bag over my eyes and go to sleep. By morning I'd be fine, the next day I'd be fine, but on the 3rd day in the afternoon/evening, it would start up again. That is when I realized that there was a good chance I needed my eyes checked. Sure enough, I had an eye exam and was told that my headaches were very likely being caused by eye strain. It was recommended that I wear glasses full time. I can see fine, but my eyes are having to work just a little bit too hard to make out the details. And boy oh boy, when I put the glasses on for the first time it was like switching the TV to the HD channel (as Eric would put it). I didn't realize that my vision had become so blurred. Yikes.

So, I couldn't resist picking some frames that were a bit bold...I figured if I was going to have to wear them full time, I'd make a statement. So, here I am.



And because I can't resist being a little bit silly...

5 comments:

jennifer said...

wow sista - glasses look GREAT on you!

Stefanie said...

awesome momma. I like 'em!!

kelly said...

They look great on you, bold was a good choice.

Jenn said...

glad you got the headaches taken care of! Lookin' good

Michelle said...

Just found your blog through someone else's post... Great family!