Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Quilts

A while back, my sister-in-law Jenn posted a blog about all the quilts and other projects she has done with pictures and all. I thought it would be nice to do something similar. I just finished a quilt that I am so excited about! So, here they are:

I already blogged about my Fall Quilt...


This is the first quilt I ever made. It is called "Turning Twenty"

This one is called "Sunbonnet Sue".

I hand-embroidered all the "Sues"

Had a couple extra "Sues" so my mom pieced together the back for me


My mom calls this one the "Pottery Barn Quilt" because she saw a quilt like this in the Pottery Barn catalog and rather than pay the hundreds of dollars they wanted for it, she copied it. hehe.
So then I copied hers but used very different colors than she did.
This one is called "Bric-a-Brac" - you may recognize it if you have been on Jenn's site ;-)

You may recognize this one too - it's called "Hearts in Bloom" - this is the one I just finished and I am in love with it. It turned out so beautiful! (if I do say so myself!)
I hand embroidered all the flowers/stems and also did a blanket stitch by hand around each heart
Also hand embroidered the vines and blanket stitch around each of the small hearts


When my mom quilted it, she wrote in the border "Made by Kristie Metler 2009 Quilted with love by Mom" Isn't that sweet?
I did a Christmas quilt too but it is packed away somewhere - I'll have to post that one later in the year!
Also, fyi, I can make super cute "Hooter Hiders", aka Nursing Cover Ups - and would be willing to offer my services for a small fee (and I mean small) - if you want to give one at a baby shower or whatever.

8 comments:

jennifer said...

you are one talented girl. there are so many hours of work behind each of those quilts - this post was years in the making i'm sure! my personal favorite was the pottery barn quilt. we had someone make us one very similar to that one when we got married. we loved it to pieces which is why we can't use it anymore and still have it.

now as far as your hooter hiders.... i think i may take you up on one of those. my sister-in-law is having a baby girl in a few months and i know she'd love to have one. if i bring you fabric and supplies (and promise to pay for your time!) will you make me one of those beauties?

Jenn said...

I have one of Kristie's "hooter hiders" it's fabulous!! Love all of the quilts-- they look great. Your hearts in bloom looks good in the dark colors, i'm thinking of making another one. Keep posting your projects!

sueyado said...

WOW!!! You are such a beautiful quilter!! I am very impressed! I loved them all, but especially the one you just finished! How do you even begin to learn something like that?

kelly said...

Love the pottery barn quilt and the hearts in bloom. It's always nice to have a few good quilts, they are my favorite blankets.

Kristie said...

What you all should know is that it's WAY easier than it looks! If you can sew a straight line, you can make a quilt. There are also tricks that make the pattern look much more complicated than it really is. And it is oh so fun!

Jenn said...

Don't be giving away the secrets!! geesh! :) and seeing your blue bonnet makes me want to finish mine, except my fabric will have to be different since I never bought it when it was there. :(

Michelle said...

Kristie...I'm inspired. I haven't touched a quilt in years. I love to do it, I just haven't...Yours are beautiful!

Bippert Family said...

Ooooh la la! You are quite the artist Kristie! Your quilts are amazing!!!!