Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm Thankful...

I've been wallowing in self-pity lately - and with it being Thanksgiving time, I decided it was time for me to sit down and list some of the good things I have going for me. So here goes:

I'm thankful for Tylenol with codeine - I've been feeling MUCH better and only taking it about once a day (if that)!
I'm thankful that I'm not an elephant - their gestation period is 22 months and a newborn calf is about 265 pounds!
I'm thankful for my c-section - as much as it has caused me pain - Haylie wouldn't have made it here without it
I'm thankful that I am a woman and am able to bear children
I'm thankful for my body pillow
I'm thankful for my husband - he works very hard to take care of us and does a great job
I'm thankful for Haylie - she can make me crazy, but she brings me more happiness than I ever thought possible
I'm thankful for my parents - as far as I'm concerned, they did everything right (and still are!)
I'm thankful for my little house - I complain that it is too small, but I realize that it is also less to clean!
I'm thankful that I know who I am, where I came from, and where I'm headed
I'm thankful that we have been blessed financially - most of the time I don't know how it works, but it always does
I'm thankful for my friends - they are my second family

Those are the things that have been on my mind lately. I'm going to try to be more positive and focus on these things rather than the things that have been bringing me down. I thought of a lot more "trivial" things to be thankful for - I think I will make another list and post separately...

That felt good.

0 comments: