Thursday, November 8, 2007

Leaves are Falling

It has been "unseasonably warm" in Fresno for this time of year, but still much cooler than the heat of the summer, and the leaves are starting to fall. It is making me so excited for the holidays. I'm sure that has something to do with the fact that my body temperature seems to have gone up about 10 degrees so the cooler weather feels FANTASTIC! But also, this is the first year that Eric and I are going to be home for the holidays. I decided a while ago that traveling to Fallbrook at Christmas time was not going to be an option with the baby coming only 3 weeks after Christmas. Then I decided a couple weeks ago that traveling for Thanksgiving was not going to be an option either. So, we've been invited to a friend's mother's house for Thanksgiving and we'll be spending Christmas right here in our own house. Eric and I have had an ongoing battle when it comes to purchasing a Christmas tree. This may make me sound like a bit of a Scrooge, but I have felt that it is a waste of money to buy a Christmas tree each year when we are not even HERE on Christmas (not to mention a fire hazard). So, every year we've compromised and either had very small "Charlie Brown" type trees like this from 2005...



or trees like this from 2006...

I told one of my friends that we were not going to have a Christmas tree last year and she was horrified by the thought - so she gave us this little guy to make sure we didn't turn into TOTAL Scrooges.
Well, since we are going to be home this year, Eric is thrilled out of his mind that we will be getting a REAL TREE...a BIG TREE...one that won't be overshadowed by the pile of gifts!!
Happy Holidays!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

good for you-- christmas without a tree is like..... you feel in the blank. The the new look of your blog!

Jenn said...

I meant LOVE the new look of you blog.

shelbrz said...

I totally sympathize about the tree! I'm not about to dig around storage for ornaments, drag it all to my mother in laws & pay for a big tree we won't decorate...
Mike has dubbed me a total scrooge. I have great decorations all packed away, doing it halfway just seems like a let down. We'll have something...I'm just not sure what yet.