Saturday, January 31, 2009

Welcome Sunshine!!

Ever heard of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)? I think I have it. No, not really - I looked it up on Wikipedia and my symptoms are not necessarily so severe. However, I do know that when the sun is shining, I'm happier. Even if it is cold outside - if I can feel the sun or see the sun through my front window, I'm happy. Which is why Eric caught me doing this:


Yes, that is me, in my pajamas, lying across the back of my couch to get maximum sun exposure through the window. It is like the sun can pump life back into me! This is a morning ritual when the sun decides to show itself.

But I'm not the only one...

Our 3 little bullfrogs like to bask too - the sun shines in their tank every afternoon and they all come out of their hidey holes to soak up the rays - but I guess that doesn't do much to convince you all of my sanity...hehe.
Anyway, on to the real reason I am posting this blog. We are planning to build a small water feature/pond in our back yard and Eric wanted to go to the Kings River today to collect some river rocks to put around our pond. So we made it a family outing - the forecast was good today so we headed out around 10:00 a.m. On the way out there, it was very foggy and I was worried that we would be cold and have no fun. Well, by the time we got there the sun was shining beautifully and it was almost 60 degrees! Here are some fun pictures we took out by the river.
Self portrait - we tried to get Haylie to take our picture but she didn't want to.

Haylie and Anna - too cute!


I was able to set the camera up on a big rock and set the timer for a family pic. Not bad, eh?


Haylie had fun collecting acorns and Anna sat on a rock and picked up leaves and pebbles - of course doing a little taste test on each. ;-)

When we got home we had some lunch then headed out to the back yard to enjoy some more of the sunshine. I hope it lasts!!

5 comments:

kelly said...

My grandma used to take me there to collect rocks, we painted them. Cute pics. I think I have the opposite though, I love dark and gloomy weather.

Megan said...

Such cute pictures! Your girls are adorable.

Jenn said...

I like it all. Cute pics of the family!

Bippert Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bippert Family said...

I love the pic of you lying on the back of your couch. Looks like something we would've done in the dorms. The sun was shining here in Washington too. Sure was nice to feel the warmth. I think I must be "solar-powered" too, cuz I actually had enough energy to vacuum the house this evening! I also love that you guys were able to get out and collect rocks. Can't wait to see the finished product!
- Julie