Saturday, October 27, 2007

Update

My mom got back into her house yesterday and all is well. She's very happy to be home. My dad is still fighting the Harris fire down by the border. He is doing well - just very tired as you can imagine.

Haylie lost her voice on Thursday and developed a fever (not this again!). I called the doctor Friday because she also developed a cough that sounded more like a bark. She has croup, which I learned is actually laryngitis, only in kids. I think croup is an ugly word. Anyway, there is nothing you can really do for croup, so they told me just to wait it out (does this sound familiar to anybody else?) Her fever broke sometime Thursday night and hasn't returned and she's got plenty of energy and is acting like herself - except for the fact that she has no voice. It's kinda funny - the whole "can you guess what Haylie is saying?" game has become a lot more interesting since we can barely hear her. What happened to my tough little girl who never got sick?

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and feel like I just might not make it...ok, so I'm being a little dramatic. But, I am feeling an immense amount of pressure on my c-section incision. I called the doctor just to make sure that was normal and the nurse said it is. As long as I'm not bleeding or having a fever I should be fine. But I really don't feel fine. It actually feels a lot like it did right after Haylie was born - I'm having a lot of trouble using my stomach muscles. I think I'll put myself on bedrest....hmmm...yeah...I'll get a little silver bell and Eric will magically appear every time I ring it to give me whatever my heart desires. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok, I'm back to reality now - I just had to have a moment...

We have our ward Halloween party tonight - I think I'll go to Target and see if I can find an orange shirt - I'm just the right shape to dress up like a pumpkin...hahaha...

1 comments:

Jenn said...

poor haylie, hope she gets better soon. Sorry you're not feeling great, bed rest sounds great but in your dreams about the bell!!