Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I've been keeping track of some funny things Haylie's been saying lately...so I've compiled them here...

June 15, 2008
Today Haylie was holding Anna and said, "Mommy, did you get Anna at the store?" (If only it were that easy!) and I said, "No, I got Anna from Heaven". Then she thought for a moment and said, "Thank you for getting Anna from Heaven." How sweet is that?

Some other funny things:
"Oh my goodness!" (Wonder where she got that from?)

"OK! Alright Alright!!!" (When I ask her repeatedly to do something)

Sometimes I call Anna "Sugarbean" (not sure why or where it came from) and every so often I hear Haylie go up to Anna, squeeze her cheeks and say emphatically "Hi Sugarbean!!"


July 15, 2008
Me: Come on, Haylie, time for a bath!
Haylie: Ummm, maybe not.


July 2008 while on vacation at my mom's house:
Me: Haylie, are you ready for bed?
Haylie: Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............no.

September 21 - Emmy night
Eric and I don't usually watch the Emmy's - but there was not much else on, so I turned it on. For those of you who did not see it, there was a little montage in the beginning where various celebrities were quoting famous quotes from different shows over the years. So one of the quotes was Frank from Everybody Loves Raymond - so there were about 7 or 8 people that said over and over "HOLY CRAP!" Well, I was totally not paying attention - and realized too late that Haylie was watching too...of course, about 2 seconds later she blurts out "HOLY CRAP!!" - whoops. So Eric and I try our best not to laugh, or make too big a deal out of it - cuz we all know that if I tell her not to say it - she'll say it even more just to spite me. So, *knock on wood* she hasn't said it again and appears to have forgotten all about it. Whew. She is such a little sponge!

1 comments:

kelly said...

I started another blog just for these things, I adore the funny stuff kids say, make sure you write it all down or you'll forget.