Monday, September 15, 2008

More confessions

So, I have sort of made a pact with myself to post more blogs that will include more of the unpleasantries of life. Not to make us all miserable, but because I am counting this as a journal of sorts - and I feel like I need to document it all - the good, the bad, AND the ugly. Plus, I got a lot of responses that I'm not alone, etc. So I think it's sorta' nice to lay it all out there - so we can all feel a little more normal in our bad moments.

So, with that said, I have to confess. I let Anna roll off my bed yesterday. I had just fed her, and she was almost asleep so I laid her on my bed cuz we were getting ready to leave for church - I didn't want to lay her in her crib then have to get her up 5 minutes later to leave. Anyway, I got dressed then went into the bathroom to do Haylie's hair - totally forgot that I left Anna in my room. All I heard was a thump and knew what happened.

She cried for a couple minutes - I cried for a couple minutes. But she was totally ok. I just could've kicked myself - you know? Everybody knows you don't lay an 8 month old on a bed. DUH!!

6 comments:

jennifer said...

rolling off the bed as a baby is a right of passage. EVERY kid has to do this in order to grow up! all of our kids did that (maybe on more than one occasion...)

kelly said...

Ok, so, Micah rolled off the bed at least 5 times. One of those was from my mother in law's bed that was extra high. Jacob rolled off maybe 3 or 4 times and Ben maybe 2 or 3. Peyton has not yet rolled off, so maybe, at least for me, I learn more with each baby!

Brock said...

This cracked me up!!! And your comments were even funnier!! This new blogging is WAY more fun to read!!

Erin

Megan said...

No worries. It happens to us all. We all cry and feel like the worst mothers, but it happens. Both my kids fell off our bed at least once. They have lived so I can tell them about it! haha :)

Jenn said...

I must confess- I laughed. Every kid has to fall off the bed atleast once. I remember watching Addison fall off the bed when he was that age. I felt horrible. But, he's 10 now and doesn't remember and he turned out okay. Now Morgan on the other hand....j/k

Alison B said...

oh, yes, each kid should fall off the bed at least once!!! no, really, no worries. that happens. and seriously, that is usually the traumatic thing that happens RIGHT before church. I think you are a good mom anyways.