Thursday, April 30, 2009

Haylie's 4th Birthday

Well, first of all, let me just say that Haylie's birthday this year was 1,000 times better than last year. She has been looking forward to turning 4 for some time now. She had told me several months ago that she wanted a Tinkerbell cake. I happened to find a "kit" at Michaels on clearance so I think her cake turned out pretty cute...

It's basically a cardboard stand with Tinkerbell on it - I did the frosting.

Blowing out the candle

This is a card she got from Grandma Jane - she insisted I take a picture of it - and she carried it around all day long.


I think this was one of her favorite gifts - a Sleeping Beauty dress up set - sorta' like a Polly Pocket. My mom saw her playing with Prince Phillip and Sleeping Beauty and making them kiss. hehe...

This is a very cool froggy tent that Aunt Rachel got for her. It was a big hit...

...everybody wanted in!


This is a book by the same author as The Very Hungry Caterpillar - it is called The Grouchy Ladybug - very cute.


Ok - so Anna has recently taken an interest in pushing Haylie's little baby stroller around the house - they have sorta' started to fight over it - so I decided I'd get Haylie a new one and give Anna the old one. Well, I didn't wrap the stroller - so when Anna saw it - she just ran with it. It was like she had no doubt in her mind that the new stroller was hers - she OWNED that thing. So, thinking on my feet, when Haylie noticed it, I told her that I got Anna a new stroller so that she wouldn't steal hers from her anymore. She totally accepted that and they have had no problems since. Anna is definitely a girl who KNOWS what she wants and is going to make sure she gets it no matter what. Ay chihuahua.

She also got this adorable quilt from Grandma Jo...

I'm so proud of Haylie and the big girl she is becoming. I can see her growing and changing right before my eyes. I cannot believe how, just in the last few months, she has come out of her shell and grown so much more confident than I thought possible. She has decided that she does not want to wear pull-ups to bed anymore - it's hit and miss - but I just am so impressed with her recent desires to be "a big girl". And I have been telling her for a while that she can go to school after she's 4 - well, I should have been a little more specific since today she put on her backpack and said "Mommy, I'm 4, can I go to school now?" She was not happy with me when I told her it was still a few months away. Hmph.


I have a ton more pictures to post from the weekend, but will do that in the next few days.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYLIE! WE LOVE YOU.

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

Awesome cake my friend! Definately 2 thumbs up!