Thursday, September 20, 2007

Blogger Slump?

I haven't posted in a while - and don't have much to write about now - I guess I'm in a bit of a blogger's slump - or maybe it's writers block? No, I have chronic writers block - I'm by no means a writer. Nothing really exciting has been happening. Haylie made a full recovery from her illness - she was back to her normal, chatty self by Friday night. As a matter of fact, the last few days have left me a little fond of last week's "pitiful" look. She has been very chatty and very whiney...ugh...the whining. When will it stop?

I've also not been on the computer quite as much these last couple days because I am temporarily watching a friend's 8 month old baby while her normal babysitter recovers from carpal tunnel surgery. I have her about 2-3 days a week from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. She's a really good baby - but seems to hit a fussy period around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I am really enjoying the opportunity to sorta' feel what it will be like to have a baby in the house with a toddler. Haylie gets a little jealous - but it's good that she is getting a taste of it now before her baby sister comes. Yesterday, Haylie fell asleep on my lap after the baby went down for her nap - she was sooo snuggly with me - which, like I said, only happens when she's sick.

So, to try and ease the baby's fussiness, we're going to go for a walk - the weather has been FANTASTIC - yesterday it barely reached 80 - actually - I don't think it ever did reach 80. NICE!

Hopefully I can get some cute pictures of Haylie and get back into the posting groove soon.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

The whining never stops. According to my mom my 26 year old sister still whines!

Jenn said...

Thank you-- someone beat me!! Life with two kids will be fun--yeah, the whinning never stops--i'm 30 and still whine!!