Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Day 3

I finally got a call from the nurse yesterday at about 2:30 p.m. She said that Haylie had all the signs of a viral infection that's going around right now. Viral=no antibiotcs. So, she said I just have to wait it out - which could take 3-4 days. We're on day 3 now and this is how she's doing:

She's catching up on some sleep since she didn't get much last night (again). I'm trying to ease up on the ibuprofen dosage and let her body ride out the fever - it's so hard to watch her suffer. She is so sad. Oh, and the nurse said not to worry that she isn't eating - as long as she is drinking lots of fluids, she'll be fine. So I had apple juice on hand for her all night and she is definitely getting A LOT of fluids. And even going potty in the toilet in the middle of the night! Bonus! Thank you to those of you who had advice for me yesterday - I really appreciate it - here's hoping her little body fights this thing off quickly!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I think it's kindof nice when they are sick-- they sleep lots. But, you do get the whining.... Give her a big hug for us!!