Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My little girl is sick :(


Haylie's had a fever since yesterday morning. I've been giving her ibuprofen and the fever will break for about an hour, then come right back. She was up for most of the night - and consequently, so was I. On a selfish note, I did sort of enjoy being able to snuggle with her last night - she's at that age where snuggling doesn't happen much. Anway, I called the doctor today and they are really getting on my nerves. Her fever is at 103 (!) Here's how the conversation went down:
Me: My daughter has had a temperature for 24 hours and it's up to 103 now and not going down.
Receptionist: We'll have a nurse call you back.
Me: I really think she needs to be seen - she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday morning - she's really not doing well
Receptionist: We'll have a nurse call you back
Me: Do you have any idea how long it will take for the nurse to call me? (I've had this experience before - you call at 10am and don't hear from anyone until 4pm - not helpful)
Receptionist: No, I don't have that information - there are several calls ahead of you and she'll answer them in the order received.
Me: So, in the meantime, as my daughter's temperature keeps rising, what am I supposed to do?
Receptionist: I am not a nurse. I cannot give advice.
Me: Alright. Thanks for nothing. (No, I didn't really say that, but I was thinking it)
So, here's a picture of my poor, sweet thing looking pitiful on the couch.

2 comments:

Gooches said...

take her to the er! especially if she isn't eating. watch to see if she is going potty enough. sometimes it is better to let the fever brake on it's own and not give her ibuprofen! fever's are the bodies way of fighting the sickness! i hope she feels better! we had to take belle to the er a couple of winters ago and get her an iv so keep an eye on her! good luck!

Jenn said...

do you have an urgent care? Sometimes that's faster than the er? I go there all the time if the kids are sick instead of making an appointment with the doctor.